By Joseph P. Stoltman
Via nearly eighty entries or "mini-chapters," the SAGE twenty first Century Reference sequence volumes on geography will spotlight crucial issues, concerns, questions, and debates any pupil acquiring a level during this box should have mastered for effectiveness within the twenty first century. the aim is to supply undergraduate majors with an authoritative reference resource that may serve their learn wishes with extra distinctive details than encyclopedia entries yet now not a lot jargon, aspect, or density as a magazine article or a examine guide chapter.
Features & Benefits:
- Curricular-driven to supply scholars with preliminary footholds on issues of curiosity in writing study time period papers, in getting ready for GREs, in consulting to figure out instructions to absorb pursuing a senior thesis, graduate measure, etc.
- Comprehensive to provide complete assurance of significant subthemes and subfields in the self-discipline of geography, together with nearby geography, actual geography, worldwide switch, human and cultural geography, fiscal geography and locational research, political geography, geospatial expertise, cartography, spatial pondering, study technique, geographical schooling, and more.
- Uniform in bankruptcy constitution to make it effortless for college kids to find key details, with a more-or-less universal bankruptcy layout of advent, conception, tools, purposes, comparability, destiny instructions, precis, Bibliography & feedback for additional examining, and go References.
- Available in print and digital codecs to supply scholars with handy, effortless access.
Read or Download 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) PDF
Best dictionaries & thesauruses books
The Tudor and Stuart eras were defined as England's golden age, largely as a result flowering of its literary and dramatic tradition. mockingly, repressive govt controls over freedom of expression existed side-by-side with many of the maximum literary accomplishments of the age, and plenty of of a similar matters we strive against with this day have been being hotly debated in Renaissance England.
The bizarre frequency of hydro-meteorological occasions in fresh many years, frequently with catastrophic effects for society and the surroundings, require new tools for designing water administration tasks and the buildings intended to guard us from usual dangers. those equipment and methods are usually in keeping with the statistical modeling concepts of frequency research.
The realm as we've got identified it for the prior century might were very various with no petroleum. Petroleum, really within the kind of crude oil and its subtle items, has been imperative to all points of recent business society and has been a tremendous strategic geopolitical target for international locations.
Die Vokabelbücher von T&P Books sind dafür vorgesehen, Ihnen beim Lernen einer Fremdsprache zu helfen, Wörter zu memorisieren und zu wiederholen. Der Wortschatz enthält über 9000 häufig gebrauchte, thematisch geordnete Wörter. Besondere Merkmale des Wortschatzes: Wörter sind entsprechend ihrer Bedeutung und nicht alphabetisch organisiert.
- Speaking of Animals: A Dictionary of Animal Metaphors
- Elsevier's Dictionary of Soil Science: Definitions in English with French, German, and Spanish word translations
- Historical Dictionary of Russian Theatre (Historical Dictionaries of Literature and the Arts)
- Dictionary of Biology
- Historical Dictionary of Wittgenstein's Philosophy (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- A Dictionary of the European Union
Additional resources for 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference)
21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) by Joseph P. Stoltman